|ADOPTING A CAT|
Our no-kill shelter offers personalized, quality service. All of our cats are housed with foster families, which enables us to know more about their personalities and better monitor their health. We offer a 30-day post-adoption guarantee. We do our best to find the best possible match between each individual cat and each individual adopter because a harmonious adoption is for life!
TERMS OF ADOPTION
- The adoption fee is $200 per cat. Payments must be made in cash only.
- We reserve the right to refuse the adoption of any cat if the specific adoption criteria for that cat are not met.
- For all the cats, the fee includes sterilization and the first two vaccines (the basic PRC vaccine and the annual booster). All of our cats are treated for parasites (treatment for fleas, earmites and a deworming).
- You must have a cat carrier in order to pick up the cat(s) you adopt.
- Please note that we can't bring all of our cats to our Adoption days. If there is a cat that you are particularly interested in adopting, please send us an e-mail so we can let you know if your favourite will be attending an upcoming Adoption day.
We also have cats and kittens available for adoption who do not appear on our website. Learn more: email@example.com.
I can no longer keep my cat and would like to put him or her up for adoption. Can I leave my cat in your care?
The Refuge's foster homes are generally filled to maximum capacity, so it is very difficult for the Refuge to accept a new cat on short notice. We suggest that you act as a foster family for your cat until we can find him or her a good home, or that you leave the cat in the care of someone you trust until a permanent home can be found. We are always looking for new Foster families.
My cat is lost. Is it possible that you have taken him or her in?
It is possible, because our mission is to give homeless and abandoned cats a good home. Consult our Lost & found cats page to see if your cat has been found. If you wish, you can send us a "lost" announcement via e-mail. We will also ask our volunteers whether or not they have taken your cat in.
Does the Refuge offer a temporary boarding service for cats?
Unfortunately, no. Our volunteers offer loving and welcoming homes to homeless and abandoned cats until such time as they can be adopted, not on a short-term basis.